CCTV cameras are widely used for surveillance, monitoring and more so for security purposes worldwide. It uses remotely mounted cameras to transmit live pictures to a screen where they can be recorded and monitored. The good thing is that a CCTV camera whether installed at business premises or at home, it can prevent theft from occurring or lead to a positive ID of a burglar.
Adding a CCTV camera to your home or business will greatly improve your security system. It is a practical and more economical way of protecting and securing your premises. However, there are numerous CCTV Security Systems to choose from and each home has different surveillance needs.
They come in different body styles including bullet, box, PTZ, dome, and infrared. The body styles have no effect on the resolution of the video. They are just different styles to fit in different types of installation. They also come in different lens size. As a matter of fact, a CCTV with a small lens size in millimeters (mm) has a wider angle of view as compared to those with bigger lens size.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing the surveillance camera.
- Coverage is a major feature to consider when purchasing a surveillance camera. It is determined by the camera’s viewing angle and the coverage you need.
- High-quality video resolution with the best CCTV having a higher resolution and hence clearer images.
- The night vision range of a camera; the number of infrared LEDs in a surveillance camera determines the range of its night vision with many models having an inbuilt IR cut-switch that disables or enables infrared technology automatically depending on the light condition.
- Sufficient recording capacity.
- The style of the camera.
To help you narrow down to the best CCTV available on market today, I’ve compiled for you a list of 4 best security cameras you can choose from. Keep reading to get started.
The 4 Best CCTVs on the Market
|CCTV Camera||ANNKE (1) 720P Security Camera HD-TVI/AHD/CVI 3-in-1 Surveillance CCTV Camera with Weatherproof Housing and 66ft/20m Night Vision||Hykamic CCTV Camera 2MP 1920x1080P 4-in-1 (TVI/AHD/CVI/960H Analog) Outdoor Security Dome Camera, True Day & Night Monitoring IP66, 3.6mm Lens (Dark Grey)||Faleemi Outdoor/Indoor WiFi HD Security Camera, Waterproof Surveillance IP Camera, Bullet Camera for Your Smartphone with Motion Detection, Night Vision||Taber 1080p dome camera 2mp TVI/AHD/CVI/960H 4 in 1, 3.6mm wide angle lens, night version up to 65ft, Surveillance Cameras
|Field of view||Wide 75 °
|Wide 75 °
|Wide 60 °
|Wide 75 °
|Night vision distance||Up to 66ft/20m||Up to 50ft
|Up to 67ft
|Up to 65ft
|Video resolution||Full HD: 1280 x 720p
|Full HD: 1920x1080p
|Full HD: 1280x720p
|Full HD: 1920×1080 2M
|HD Lens||3.6mm||3.6 mm
|Day and night function||Support IR-Cut||Support (ICR)||The Faleemi allows you to turn on/off the night vision||Support IR-Cut|
|Indoor/ outdoor||IP66 weatherproof||IP66 weatherproof||IP66 weatherproof||weatherproof|
Now let’s go down to the nitty-gritty.
- ANNKE (1) 720P Security Camera HD-TVI/AHD/CVI 3-in-1 Surveillance CCTV Camera with Weatherproof Housing and 66ft/20m Night Vision
ANNKE CCTV Systems are among the most popular surveillance camera out there. They have a vast collection of cameras that are easy to install and affordable. They provide you with instructions that will support you in all setups from installation to usage. In addition, they offer you free lifetime technical support and a one-year warranty as well.
Weatherproof with a smart IR-Cut Filter, this smart security camera has a wide application including school, home, and business surveillance. Its ability to resist harsh condition makes it ideal for both in doors and outdoor surveillance. The IR-Cut Filter allows the camera to switch between day and night to enhance the clarity and avoid color cast as well.
It has a 3.6mm lens that enables it to cover 75-degree viewing angle. It allows you to easily choose between TVI/CVI/AHD output modes with just pressing the mode switch button. It provides you with high-quality videos that are to details in pristine color and smooth movements.
As we all know that intruders are more likely to break in at night, you can rest assured that this 66ft surveillance camera’s night vision will capture a stunning video on all that happened in the dark.
- It supports a number of output modes
- It is vandal and weather resistant that can withstand harsh outdoor conditions.
- It is easy to install.
- It produces a clear night vision and great motion detection.
- It is a motion detector.
- It is not compatible with Analog DVR System or HD-AHD.
- Hykamic CCTV Camera 2MP 1920x1080P 4-in-1 (TVI/AHD/CVI/960H Analog) Outdoor Security Dome Camera, True Day & Night Monitoring IP66, 3.6mm Lens (Dark Grey)
This dome style security camera features a 4-in-I resolution output including HD CVI, HD-TVI, 960H Analog, and AHD technologies. This makes it flexible for your security application, as it is compatible with analog DVR, AHD DVR, TVI DVR, and CVI DVR. It is easier to choose your output mode depending on the DVR you are using.
This Hykamic CCTV Camera makes it easy to motor your home or business. It features a durable IP66 weatherproof housing that protects it from harsh outdoor conditions including snow, dust, rain, and sand.
It features a 3.6 mm lens with a field of view of 75 degrees. It has IR technology that allows it to capture video up to 50ft in the dark. It is easy to adjust the OSD setting of this camera over coax cabling thus no need for running additional data cable.
- It has a higher resolution meaning the images are more clear.
- It is applicable for both outdoor and indoor use thanks to its weatherproof housing.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- It is a wired camera.
- It does not support a mobile view.
- It does not detect motion.
- Faleemi Outdoor/Indoor WiFi HD Security Camera, Waterproof Surveillance IP Camera, Bullet Camera for Your Smartphone with Motion Detection, Night Vision
With its 36 Infrared LED lights, Faleemi security camera provides a clear video of the night events up to 67 feet. It features a 3.66mm lens that provides a viewing angle of 60 degrees. It is weatherproof and keeps you protected in all weather seasons whether it is snowing or raining.
It comes along with a Faleemi app that allows you to quickly and easily setup the camera via Android or iOS device. The app allows you to stream the video directly in your tablet, smartphone, tablet, apple, window or Mac PC. The app is downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
Faleemi app allows you to easily control the surveillance camera. It allows you to switch on and off the night vision to provide 24/7 security surveillance during the day and night.
You are required to connect this security camera with your router using the provided RJ45 cable. You should add the camera to the downloaded Faleemi app to stream the videos from any monitor in your home or business so long as it is connected to Wi-Fi and has the installed app.
It comes with a one-year warranty and lifetime support provided directly by the manufacturer. The Faleemi Company provides you with their email and phone number to easily get in touch with them in case of any problem. In addition, they provide you with a user manual.
Check the Amazon price here.
- It supports mobile streaming.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- It is IP66 weatherproof allowing for indoor or outdoor use.
- It detects motion.
- This camera has no battery and requires a power supply.
- Taber 1080p dome camera 2mp TVI/AHD/CVI/960H 4 in 1, 3.6mm wide angle lens, night version up to 65ft, Surveillance Cameras
This dome-shaped security camera provides you with high-quality night and day images. It features a focal length of 3.6mm that allows it to have a wide viewing angle of 75 degrees.
It is a 4-in-1-security camera that allows you to switch resolution output to either TVI, CVI, AHD, or 960H Analog models. This camera is compatible with all Analog DVRs.
This security camera also features IR cut that automatically switches on or off the night mode depending on the lighting condition. This allows you to have a clear footage of your property even at night.
With the auto day and night Taber 1080p dome camera, you can monitor your properties 24/7. The IR technology allows it to view clearly up to 65 feet during the night.
Click here for Amazon price.
- It is metal and weatherproof making it ideal for use both indoors and outdoors in all seasons.
- It is easy to install.
- The IR mode tends to go dark after a few minutes.
General advantages and disadvantages of a CCTV security system
CCTVs are widely used in many business settings for security purposes. Some homes have also adopted the trend of having a CCTV camera in their homes for the same reason and to be in a position of monitoring their kids and pets from their workplace as well. Here are some reasons why you would prefer a Closed-circuit Television CCTV system.
Security cameras are essential, but like all things they have some ups and downs. Here are some key pros and cons that will help you make an informed decision when opting for a Closed-circuit Television (CCTV) system.
- With this system, you can connect all your cameras to one device, unlike the cloud-based security cameras.
- They are conspicuous and this might help to deter potential burglars from robbing your home or business or lead to a positive identification of burglars.
- Multiple security cameras give you multiple viewing dimension of your property.
- The system allows you to monitor the happening at your home or business in your absence.
- Being monitored makes a lot of people uncomfortable and feel like you don’t trust them; be it your kids or even employees unless you clearly explain the main aim of having a surveillance camera.
- This system is quite expensive from purchasing the cameras to maintaining the technology updated.
CCTVs advantages out way the disadvantages and you might want to consider one in your home or business. The main aim of having a CCTV is for security purposes. The mentioned are just but a few of the surveillance camera available on the market that can help protect, monitor, or bring burglars to justice. With a CCTV you can rest assured your family is as safe as possible. That piece of mind is enough to convince you to consider a security camera. However, you should ensure that it is of high quality.