Security cameras have redefined the protection and security of businesses and homes. Buying, installing, disarming, dealing with substandard alarms, and paying monthly fees are all the hassles tied to security systems which might make you wonder if a CCTV camera is worth the inherent hassle.
However, you need to take the right measures to protect your loved ones, your valuables, and business. The modern surveillance and security camera systems have elevated the levels of security management, monitoring, and enforcement. The technology used has helped to thwart activities of even the most experienced and sophisticated criminals and thieves. But before buying a security camera, here are some of the considerations you should put in mind:
- The Type of the Camera– Do you want a hidden spy camera or hidden camera for sales? There is a range of cameras in the market, and they serve a different purpose. The four broad categories include bullet cameras, box camera, PTZ cameras, and mini dome cameras. Do you need an outdoor or indoor camera? Is it a visual deterrent of discreet? With all these ideas, you will manage to choose the best type of security camera.
- Field of View– Essentially, the camera’s field of view is largely affected by the focal length of the lens. The longer lens magnifies the scene hence decreasing the field of view. The shorter focal length, on the other hand, captures a large scene thus increases the field of view.
- Resolution– This is another vital aspect to consider when buying a security camera. A higher resolution gives distinct quality, better definition, and clarity of the pictures captured. Cameras with high resolution can capture minute details of an event and the actual face of a person. It makes it easy to identify an individual in case the person commits a crime.
Here are the 5 best Security Camera Systems
|CCTV CAMERA||RESOLUTION||CONNECTION TYPE||VIEWING DEVICES|
|ANNKE 8 CHANNEL1080P 5-in-1 SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM||1080||Cable||Mobile Devices|
|NEST CAM OUTDOOR SECURITY CAMERA||1080p HD||Cable||Various viewing devices including smartphones
|CANARY FLEX INDOOR/OUTDOOR SECURITY CAMERA||1080p HD||Cable||Smart Phones|
|AMCREST ProHD WIRELESS WiFi IP CAMERA||1080p HD||Cable||Smart Phones|
|ATWIN HOME SECURITY IP SURVEILLANCE CAMERA||720p HD||Cable||Mobile Devices|
When it comes to security matter, ANNKE Company is dedicated to giving its clientele the best products on the market. This is evident with their latest security camera- Annke 8 Channel Security camera. Its designed with an extendable security system that comprises 8 channel DVR connect, consisting of four 720p weatherproof ideal cameras to heighten your surveillance system. Excitingly, you can add 2 extra 960 IPCs and four analog cameras.
More so, this device is explicitly designed with a 1TB HDD surveillance to keep record data 24/7 for 365 days, from various camera channels or streams. It has a customized motion detection aspect that alerts you in case of a commotion. It sends you email alerts accompanied with corresponding snapshots.
ANNKE is tailored with an advanced H.264+ compression feature which record videos for 1200 hours- continuously!
Today, hacking is the major challenge to both small and large organizations. ANNKE company understands that hacking has become rampant across the globe. For this matter, Annke 8 Channel camera is secured with 128-bit bank-level encryption to make sure your footage is only for your eyes.
- Weighs 11.7 pounds
- 16 x 12 x 8 inches
- Night vision
- 1P66 weatherproof
- 75 degrees wide viewing angle
- It is affordable
- It’s an ideal camera for indoor and outdoor
- It has a dual-stream support
- It is encrypted to avoid hacking
- It is easy to set-up
- It’s user-friendly
- The advanced H.264+ compressions enable continuous recording for 1200 hours.
- Although its waterproof, there have been a few cases of leakage
Your search for an outdoor security camera ends with the Nest Cam Outdoor camera. It has the best features which include a 24/7 live HD video, an option to upgrade, and motion-detection alerts. The camera needs to be plugged into an outlet- which is a crucial aspect depending on the place you want to mount it. Once the camera gets installed, you will be able to watch live footage- 24hours. The amazing thing about this incontestable camera is that the motion-detection alerts will be sent directly to your smartphone. Once there is a motion-triggered event. This Nest Outdoor Security Camera will capture clear images and store them for up to three hours. The inbuilt speaker and microphone will let you talk to people who might be at your door.
- 1080p HD resolution
- Night vision
- 5 x 3.8 x 6.6 inches
- 25-foot extension cord
- The operating temperature range from -4 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- It weighs 1.8 pounds
- It’s easy to set-up
- It has Sightline feature (timelapse)
- Two-way audio
- A high resolution of 1080p HD
- Simple-to-use app
- It has a magnetic mounting bracket
- 24/7 live video
- No local storage
- Inconsistency notifications
For those who want a versatile camera to be used both indoors and outdoors, then Canary Flex is incontestable. It provides users with flexible hardware configurations coupled with an intuitive app. Its shaped like a pill and only four inches in height. Setting up Canary Flex is a breeze and give users an option to use the camera without the hub.
- Waterproof for outdoor use
- 360-degree magnetic swivel base
- HD camera with night vision
- Operating temperatures range from -4 to 113 degree Fahrenheit
- 1080p HD resolution
- It has a convenient video storage
- Captures high-resolution footage
- Connects to Wi-Fi network
- Works well when plugged in
- It has a compact weatherproof design
- Slow to start recording when in battery mode
- Inconsistent battery life
The Amcrest ProHD is an impressive nighttime camera that gives you an option to monitor your home at night. This explicitly designed indoor security camera operates on 12 infrared LED lights with a capability to capture a video at 32 feet in the dark, making it the perfect camera for night surveillance.
Another impressive aspect about Amcrest ProHD is that it’s easy to set up using a smartphone. Once you have installed, you can distinctively record 1080p HD video that will get stored on the Micro SD card. It can also connect to WiFi to activate real-time video streaming via tablet, smartphone, or a computer. More so, you can use this versatile camera to zoom, tilt or pan, giving a perfect angle throughout.
Amcrest Wireless Camera can send snapshots and motion-detection alerts to your phone, enabling you to sense anything going on. Its microphone operates on noise-canceling technology to ensure your communications are clear.
- Record and Playback
- Two-way audio
- Pan, zoom, and tilt
- High resolution of 1080p HD
- Wide-field view
- Great night vision
- 4 hours’ of free cloud storage
- Used as a wired or wireless camera with a router on 2.4GHZ
- The camera can send you push notification or email when it detects motion
- It gives a clear picture during the day which is only accepted at night
- It can store on a range of various mediums – Cloud, SD Card, using NAS, FTP, and NVR
- It has 4 hours of free cloud storage
- The camera pans through 360° to give you the ability to view the entire room
- It does not notify you when it loses power
- The digital Zoom function gets shadowy once at 4 times
- The App and making changes can be intimidating since it’s not user-friendly
Getting an affordable and quality surveillance camera can be taxing and intimidating. But with Twin Security camera you will save a few bucks and keep your loved ones and business protected. This affordable camera gives you a wide range of view to ensure you can monitor each corner of your house. It pivots 100 degrees vertically, all while perfectly capturing 720-pixel HD video.
One of the impressive aspects of ATWIN security camera is that it easily connects to your Wi-Fi for live video streaming right from your tablet or phone. Additionally, it has a 16GB memory card ideal for storing continuous or motion-triggered videos. Once the camera detects motion, it will send a picture or a notification to your smartphone for a review.
ATWIN IP surveillance camera is ideal for a big room since you can remotely tilt and pan it to capture a 360-degree panorama.
- Pan and tilt: vertical 100 degrees, Horizontal 360degrees
- 8x digital zoom
- Lighting frequency of 60Hz, 50 Hz
- 85 x 85 x 120(mm)
- It’s affordable
- Easy to operate
- It does not have an independent transmitter
It’s undeniable that are multiple security cameras in the marketplace. To get the best device, you need to dive deep and conduct thorough research. The process might be daunting, but it is worth it.
With the above cameras, ANNKE 8 Security Camera proves to be one of the best cameras to secure and protect your loved ones and your business too. It has what you need without pricking your financial muscles. With a 60-day money back guarantee and a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer, you can be sure of its quality.